HELOOOOOOOO HELOOOOO FROM THE SUDDEN HEALTH FREAK CORNER!
Yoh, December is really a problem! I’m really struggling to keep up with this healthy eating lifestyle, but it’ a lifestyle remember so no train smash if we just keep going back to the healthy eating habits in between all the cheat-treats, RIGHT??
This is the 2nd part of the “CORE foods” post, and as promised. We simply share in this post what habits have helped in trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle and what a day in the week ( ideal week without many events/calls) in this healthy eating business looks like. BUT, most excitingly, I share a meal plan shared with us by SIYA himself.
HABITS THAT HAVE HELPED TO FOSTER EATING WELL AND MAINTAINING IT
- START by cleaning out all the garbage and junk food in your cupboards. If it’s there, you’ll eat it, trust me. So just keep only the healthy things in your fridge and cupboard, and buy snacks when you crave them or when you need to.
- Avoid eating out: The best way to do this one is to do meal prep before-hand as I’ve said in the previous post linked below. Try to make eating out an occasion or a once a week thing. 8 things you’ll need to know to lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Drink lots of water! Here’s a tip- when you wake up, drink 2 glasses as the first thing. This is not just great for your overall health, it will prevent you from overeating. I find that half the time my body is actually thirsty and not hungry. Once I drink my 2 glasses of water, I get fuller quicker.
- Practicing portion control. This one helps because it allows me to eat “nice things” without feeling guilty or like I’m binging because I try to eat just enough such that I can have some again tomorrow or the next time and still be able to eat the good and nutritious foods without feeling like I’ve over-eaten.
- Using social media to find new and exciting recipes to keep you inspired: Pinterest has to be the most amazing! Use Instagram, Facebook, Healthline, and just google away other interesting sites online that have great meal prep ideas.
- Exercise. Yup!
Imtelling you, if eating well is a struggle, try going starting with exercise and see whether you’ll want to keep eating unhealthy foods while working so hard at the gym or on the road!
A ( AN IDEAL DAY ) DAY IN THE LIFE OF A “SUDDEN HEALTH” FREAK
Breakfast: Green tea or herbal life fat flush tea, health smoothie- frozen banana with berries, ice, water, almonds, mixed seeds with peanut butter.
Snack: Mixed nuts
Lunch: Grilled meat with steamed cauliflower, broccoli, with red beans and corn, sliced avo.
Snack: Fruit or snack bar
Supper: I’m usually lazy post-gym so I have green tea, any
TIP: The trick for me to stay full most of the day is to have a huge meal during lunch because I’m most active during the day.Miranda Mogane
Breakfast: Either a mainly protein-based breakfast or a carb-based but high fibre breakfast. I try to alternate on different days. Either all-bran with some milk and yogurt to add a bit of protein, oats with fruit and a spoon of yogurt, or an egg with a slice of tomato, cucumber and now and again I’ll have a slice of rye or brown bread or a cracker with my egg.
Snack: ONLY if I feel hungry. Biltong, almond nuts, cottage cheese with cracker/baby carrots/plain yogurt/ cup of coffee with milk but no sugar, fruit with protein( nut butter. cheese, biltong), half an avo with tuna.
Lunch: A good SALAD, or a WRAP (using wholewheat wraps). I try to alternate between a vegetarian/meat-free salad or meal and a one with meat on alternate days, or I’ll have at least ONE meat-free day a week.
Snack: As mentioned above, again, if I feel hungry. Be creative with your snacking, just as long as there is a protein there, you’re good to go!
Dinner: Any protein with veggies.
AND NOW FOR THE EXPERT MEAL PLAN!!
So we did not follow this meal plan exactly during the series as we had already adapted to our own and honestly, it would have been a bit much to go and buy new things and adapt to a new eating plan when we already pretty much know what our bodies approve of. So why am I sharing it then?
I am sharing it to share meal plan ideas, some of which in this meal plan I use, and as a possible starter meal plan for those who don’t have one and would like to start somewhere
Here are some pics to show a sneak preview into the meal plan- but the full pdf is linked below! Please let me know how you find it and if it’s helpful!
AND FROM US…..IT’S A WRAP!!!! EXCUSE THE PUN!
All my healthy LOVE: )